Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fever Aches and Chills= Easy Week

As you can guess from the title there has not been much to say about easy week.  Very unplanned easy week.  I rode on Sunday the 25th feeling very certain of myself.  Did a 30 minute warm-up while watching the Police live DVD and added in Extra Shot from the spectacular folks at Sufferfest.  Followed that with the usual 30 minutes of core and thought nothing more of it.  A pretty typical Sunday, as the world turns.




Then, we started to get the sense that the tri-kids were not their usual spunky selves and by the time the sun had set, we were in the middle of a full blown snot fest; full of aches pains and general malaise... and all of this accompanied by a low grade fever and chills.  It also became apparent that this was going to include me. I did my best to make it to work on Monday but it was very obvious that I was not going to be an active participant throughout the week and ended up off for Tuesday and Wednesday.  I trundled in to sit in front of my computer screen to get done what was needed for two days and basically phoned it in.



Today, it was time to get back in the saddle and regain some kind of strength. How bad could it be?  Well freakin' impossible... that's how bad.  My glorious return to sufferlandria was the epic - Violator.





This is easily the hardest video out of the lot.  Check this out... over the course of 69 minutes you will do 64 sprints to the point that your legs will no longer respond as your heart has simply exploded and left your steaming carcass still upright only because of the gyroscopic effect created by your spinning legs still cleated to your pedals. 
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment